Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

Favourites of 2014 | Beauty

WHERE DID 2014 GO? 2014 was a fantastic year for me and lets hope 2015 is even better!






For my first post I've decided to do a 2014 favourites as I think it's a great way for you guys to get to know the things I've been loving for the past year. So here it is...

Firstly, I have been loving the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar bronze & glow. The bronzer used to contour your cheekbones really leaves a defined finish whereas the highlight allows your features to shimmer. The bronzer isn't an ashy colour like you can find with some contour kits however, it's not too orangey either, it's the perfect tone to contour the features you want to stand out! The highlight has a lovely shimmer to it but not too much, just a perfect balance between a light shade of powder mixed with a little shimmer. 

The next product I've been also loving is the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I have used this palette so much throughout this year and on some shades I've even hit pan, ahhh! I love the different range of neutral shades which can be worn on a day-to-day basis or on a night out. The perfect neutral shades blend together easily to create that perfect smokey eye look!

Omg, where have the Real Techniques brushes been all my life??? After the hype over these brushes I thought it was about time to give them a test and I am so pleased with the product. They're just the right size for powder and contouring. The brushes are also so soft and delicate which makes it much easier to apply your makeup!

Foundation that I have been loving is the Rimmel Wake Me Up in the shade soft beige. It gives a great coverage which is good for a day-to-day look or can also be used for a night out without going patchy like I have found with some products!

The Illamasqua hydra veil primer is perfection! It comes as a sort of gel which all binds together when you apply it on your face giving your foundation a flawless finish. It's definitely a product I would recommend to you all! I only got this primer at Christmas and it took 1st place straight away!

My brows need a little taming sometimes and the Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel really does the job! After seeing reviews about this product I decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did. It's by far my favourite product to hold my brows in place!

Finally, Mac products are always a great purchase and the blusher in the shade 'Harmony' and the matte lipstick in the shade 'Taupe' are also what I use on a day-to-day basis. With the blusher you only need to swirl your brush gently over the powder and that's plenty to give you a subtle tone to your cheek. Mac lipstick's are always a winner for me and the matte lipstick in 'Taupe' is a perfect dark/neutral shade which I like to wear on a night out with a dramatic eye. I'm dying to try 'Velvet Teddy'!

What have been your favourite products of 2014? Also, if you have any products that you think I should try just leave it in the comments!:-)
utterlyvalerie x

No comments:

Post a Comment